Competition Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of this competition (the “Competition”) is Samarkand Design, a company registered in England (company no. 10357351).
- The Competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over.
- The Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- The Competition will run from 00:01 on 24 November 2023 (the "Opening Date") to 23:59 on 19 December 2023 (the "Closing Date") inclusive.
- All competition entries must be received by Samarkand Design by no later than 23:59 on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- To enter the competition, you must enter your name and email address in the competition form (“Entry(ies)”).
- Samarkand Design will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any deletion by Viral Loops, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- Samarkand Design will not accept competition Entries that:
(a) are automatically generated by computer;
(b) are completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) include foul, abusive or offensive language or content;
(d) do not conform with the provisions of conditions 2 to 7 (inclusive) of these terms and conditions.
- One winner will be chosen by random draw on 22 December 2023 ("Draw Date").
- The winner will receive a £200 voucher for Samarkand Design online store (the “Prize”)
- The winner will be contacted via the email address used for Entry and must provide such contact details as may be required by Samarkand Design in order to claim their Prize. If a winner does not respond to Samarkand Design within 5 days of being notified by the Samarkand Design, then that winner's Prize will be forfeited and Samarkand Design will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- Prizes will be sent to winners within 28 days of being notified of their win.
- Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The decision of Samarkand Design regarding any aspect of the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees that, in the event of them being drawn as a winner of the Competition, Samarkand Design shall be entitled (but not obliged) to announce their names (and/or social media handles) on Samarkand Design’s websites and social media.
- By entering the Competition, each entrant acknowledges that in the event of a win their surname and county of residence may be disclosed to persons enquiring, where permitted by law. Any entrant may object to their information being made available in this way or may request that the amount of information made available be reduced, by contacting Samarkand Design using the contact details at the end of these terms and conditions. In these circumstances, the entrant acknowledges that Samarkand Design may nevertheless disclose the relevant information, and the entrant’s Entry, to the Advertising Standards Authority (and/or any other competent authority) if required to do so. By way of example, this may happen where Samarkand Design is required to demonstrate that it has awarded any advertised prizes. To request disclosure of winner details, enquirers must submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org within one (1) month following the Closing Date. Details will only be disclosed (if permitted by law) after the Prize has been awarded.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Samarkand Design reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Samarkand Design reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Samarkand Design, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Samarkand Design, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The Competition will be governed by English law and entrants to the Competition submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Enquiries about the competition can be sent to the Samarkand Design at email@example.com